What is Ayurveda?
Ayurveda is to your body what planting is to your garden. Just as you need to put the proper seeds, soil, and water levels into your plants, you also need to put the proper foods, food temperatures, oils, and exercises into your body. Ayurveda, an ancient Indian practice, is known as both an art and science to healthy living. It encourages metabolically beneficial habits and mindful life decisions. During an initial consultation, a certified Ayurvedic practitioner will analyze your constitution (known as your prakriti) and how your body interacts with the environment based on your habits of diet, exercise, routine, and stress management. Ayurveda works with nature to return proper balance to your body, mind, and soul. It heals the digestive system, calms the nervous system, tones the muscles, and nourishes the skin.
Ayurvedic ConsultationAn Ayurvedic consultation can help you balance your inner-rhythms the way nature intended.
The body therapies offered at re:fit are specifically designed to rejuvenate and restore vitality to the mind, body, and spirit. These Ayurvedic therapies are called “Rasayana,” and they help replenish the nervous system, nourish muscles and tissues with herbs and oils, and rejuvenate the adrenals. Many of the therapies are designed to focus on a particular region, muscle group, or organ system of the body. Re:fit also offers detoxification therapies such as steaming and udavartana, which can be treated in conjunction with adjustments to foods and herbs.
Ayurveda treatments can stand alone or can be used in conjunction with a consultation and in a series for deeper balancing and maintenance of health. Ayurvedic treatments at re:fit include:
- Ayurvedic Oil Massage (Abhyanga)
- Basti Treatments
- Bolus Treatments
- Udavartana Massage
Ayurvedic Oil Massage (Abhyanga)
Nourishes and heals
Ayurvedic Oil Massage (Abhyanga)
Nourishes and soothes all tissue layers of the body
After evaluating your current physical and emotional state, our therapist chooses the optimal herbal oil blend which is warmed and applied during your massage. The therapist also customizes a personalized Ayurvedic massage technique to bring you back to your balance (prakriti). Abhyanga balances your physical and emotional state while nourishing your skin.
- A 60-minute appointment includes a warmed oil Ayurvedic massage.
- A 90-minute appointment can include a foot massage (Kansa Vatki) before the Ayurvedic massage.
Foot Massage (Kansa Vatki)
Detoxifies body, induces relaxation
- Foot Massage (Kansa Vatki) brings you back to ancient India where a special 3-metal bowl is vigorously rubbed on the soles of the feet to detoxify the body while inducing tremendous relaxation. This fast and relaxing form of detoxification is available at re:fit separately or can be used in conjunction with Ayurvedic oil massage or head and scalp massage.
Ayurvedic Head and Scalp Massage
Supports nervous system
- Ayruvedic Head and Scalp Massage relaxes your mind while supporting the nervous system by reducing stress, stimulating the lymphatic system, eliminating toxins, and relieving neck and shoulder stiffness. The touch points and light pressure increase oxygen in tissues which improves circulation, concentration, and reduces migraine pain.
ShirodharaSoothes and relaxes
Basti Oil TreatmentUses heated oil for healing
Basti Oil Treatment shows what heat can accomplish for localized pain. A circular dam made of dough is placed around the perimeter of the painful area and filled with a specified heated oil. This treatment has a proven efficacy in head, eye, and low back pain, sciatica, and degenerative knee and neck conditions.
- Kati Basti: This oil treatment is beneficial for healing back pain.
- Netra Basti: This oil therapy is beneficial in relieving eye strain, redness and dryness.
- Uro Basti: This oil therapy is beneficial for frozen shoulders and release of deep emotional blockages.